Health & Safety: Our Commitment To You, Our Suppliers & Our Team
Mechanical contracting and building services contain a lot of variables, which is why health and safety is front and centre of everything we do here at Callisia. Whether it is the safety and well-being of our engineers on site, or the long term safety of the people using the systems we design and install, we take our obligations to health and safety extremely seriously.
Each project is governed by detailed risk assessments that cover all aspects of health and safety, complying with and frequently going beyond the requirements of the CDM (Construction Design & Management Regulations 2015 – the primary health and safety regulations for the construction sector.
It is essential that all people involved with a project are singing from the same hymn sheet regarding health and safety, so safety concerns and risk awareness are included in all pre-project briefings and on-boarding preparations. As such, we apply the same standards of training and health and safety awareness to our own employees and to any third-party contractors we work with.
Training and Competence
Alongside the latest qualifications in their respective disciplines, each engineer and on-site employee receives regular health and safety training as part of their continuing professional development.
- All our project managers are Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certified.
- Our company directors have the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) Health & Safety Certification for Executives & Directors.
- All site supervisors are trained to Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) standard.
- We have an on-going training programme for all site managers in relation to SSSTS certification and First Aid at Work.
- All sub-contractors have, as standard, Construction Skills Certification Scheme training, asbestos awareness, manual handling training, working at height, abrasive wheel, face fit and Prefabricated Access Suppliers & Manufacturers Association accreditation.
- We have our own team of face fit testers.
External Health & Safety Support
We have a long-standing business relationship with The Health & Safety People (THSP), an established health and safety consultancy who oversee and monitor all aspects of on-site health and safety on our projects. The THSP team provide vital additional knowledge and support on every aspect of our installations, including risk assessments, harm reduction and mitigation – and ensure all personnel are competent in their respective tasks.